- Download the Summer Eats Minnesota app to your phone or device.
- Call the 2-1-1 Hotline or from cell phones – Greater Minnesota: 800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
- Call the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-Hungry or 1-877-8-HAMBRE, available from Monday through Friday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Central Time.
- Text "Summer Meals" to 97779.
- Minnesota Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website (https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html)
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html) Resources to talk to your child about COVID-19: (https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource)
Date of Information: May 14, 2020
MCC Schools are transitioned to distance learning through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
At MCC, we take the health of our students and staff very seriously. With the recent outbreaks of COVID-19 around the country, we developed this page to keep families up to date about what we are doing at school and how it affects our operations at school.
Governor Walz updated the public on Thursday, April 23 that schools would remain operating in a distance learning capacity for the rest of the school year.
Our full distance learning plan is available here: https://bit.ly/3boe53o.
We encourage you to contact your child's teacher with any questions you have during this time period. If you need further assistance the district office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day.
Lunches during Break Period
Free Meals - started Monday, March 23. The meals are grab and go and need to be picked up at Newfolden Elementary. Lunch and breakfast food for the next day would be provided. This is an opt-in opportunity. We ask families to call the district (by Thursday 3:30) to order meals for the following week. Lunches are available for all of your children school age and younger. Meals would be available from 10:45 to 12:30 to pick up. These meals are being provided free of charge.
In the event of a longer closure: we will expand options for pick up starting March 30. Pick up locations will be: Viking School Bus Garage (11:00 to 11:40), Holt Nazareth Church (11:00 to 11:40) and Legacy Center Lobby in Middle River (12:00 to 12:40).
May 28 is the last day of our Meal Service.
Summer Food Service Information:
Childcare for Emergency Personnel/Medical Personnel
If you are a member of the emergency services profession (law enforcement, fire department, EMTs and/or the medical profession (direct care staff) or qualify under Tier 2 that has school aged children enrolled in our school system from kindergarten to age 12, we have child care available for your school age children if you need the service effective beginning Wednesday, March 18. Please contact school district office to reserve a spot if you qualify. Child care would be available from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May 28 is the last day of our Childcare Service.
We are working with Wiktel to help families that are using hot spots, cell plan data, or have poor internet connections. Please contact Matt Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org or Brian Longerbone email@example.com if you have this need.
Please download our school app if you have a smart phone and turn on notifications. You can find our app by searching the app store for: Marshall County Central, MN. We will also post updates and information to our Facebook page, school website Live Feed, and our COVID 19 page.
Current Status of COVID 19:
The state of Minnesota is moving to a mitigation strategy with goal of slowing the spread of this illness. Schools will be closed until March 27 to allow time to prepare for a possible longer term shut down.