Building a foundation and future of educational excellence - one student at a time.
- All students have value and are the number one priority of the district.
- Student learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the district.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches, including the use of technology, to support their learning.
- All students should be provided the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.
- Learning occurs most effectively in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- The district's commitment to continuous improvement and the highest of standards is imperative for all students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.
- Students, families, teachers, administrators, and the community share responsibility for the improvement of the educational process.
- All students and employees should have respect for self and others in order to maintain individual dignity and worth.
- Diversity, and the respect for it, is essential for the full development of the individual and society.
- Students need to be given the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities in order to develop leadership and teamwork outside the classroom.
1. To maximize student achievement, the district will:
- Ensure all students make academic progress at every level of performance in every curriculum area;
- Ensure the curriculum is aligned pre-K to grade 12
- Utilize technologies to enrich curriculum, enhance teaching, stimulate student interest, and ensure computer literacy;
- Ensure that extracurricular activities supplement and enhance instructional goals;
- Ensure that graduating students are prepared to pursue, with confidence, higher education or specialized career training.
2. To develop responsible citizenship, the district will:
- Provide growth opportunities that help build skills in analytical thinking, communicating, problem solving, and decision making;
- Cultivate attitudes of respect, integrity, and a passion for learning;
- Ensure a physically and emotionally safe learning environment.
3. To promote effective communication among all partners in the educational process, the district will:
- Utilize technologies to enhance communication;
- Maintain a district-wide system of student information which provides parental access to student progress;
- Provide parent training in the use of student information system technology;
- Provide opportunities for community members to address and discuss District initiatives.
4. To ensure continuous improvement, the district will:
- Encourage site leadership teams to develop improvement plans that align with district improvement initiatives and include measurable goals and high standards;
- Provide quality staff development training for all personnel;
- Review strategic plans and policies on a three year cycle;
- Promote mutual high expectations of students, staff, and parents.