Welcome to Marshall County Central Schools
The purpose of the Marshall County Central School District is to provide the best education possible for all who seek to be further educated, including Pre-Kindergarten, Elementary, and Junior and Senior High School students, as well as adults through Community Education. Our schools provide many varied educational opportunities, while emphasizing the basic skills necessary to function in society. Our school buildings compare favorably with other facilities in Northwest Minnesota, and our schools are area leaders in computer technology education. Most importantly, the people who make up the Marshall County Central Schools are dedicated to quality education. Staff and students recognize the importance of respect for each person as a unique individual. We expect respect from each person and for each person in order to create a more caring atmosphere in our schools.
General Enrollment Information
The Marshall County Central Schools welcome all students who live in the school district and meet state age and health requirements.
Elementary students moving into the district during the school year should contact the Newfolden Elementary school office (218) 874-8805 to register. Students seventh grade and older or elementary students moving to the district over the summer should contact the District Office (218) 875-7225.
After registration is completed the Marshall County Central Schools will request a transfer of records from the previous school(s) attended.
Note: Students enrolling in a Minnesota public school for the first time must provide the following information:
- Proof of age (kindergarten only)
- Updated record listing state required immunizations by day, month, year of vaccination
- Marshall County Central Schools Enrollment Form
- State of Minnesota School District Enrollment Form (non-resident Open Enrollment)
- Free/Reduced Meal Application
Children must have reached their fifth birthday on or before September 1 of the school year to attend kindergarten. Kindergarten registration forms are mailed to students who are included in the district census prior to kindergarten registration each year. The forms should be completed and be returned during the registration times. Registration times are in May each school year. For more information about enrollment contact the District Office (218) 875-7225 or the Newfolden Elementary Office (218) 874-8805.
In order to enroll or remain enrolled in any elementary or secondary school in Minnesota, the parent/guardian of a student must have a statement on file with the school administration that shows that the student is either:
- Completely immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella, or
- Immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella and has begun, but not yet completed, a schedule of immunizations against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and/or polio, and/or hepatitis B, as verified by a physician or clinic, or
- Legally exempt from one or more of the required immunizations, as evidenced by a medical exemption signed by a physician, a documented history of the varicella disease, or a notarized statement of conscientious exemption.
- Minnesota Immunization Form
For more detailed immunization information see Minnesota's School Immunization Laws